Can I add a HP LaserJet Pro M402dw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I add a HP LaserJet Pro M402dw?

I just got a Lantronix xPrintServer. I want to add my HP LaserJet M402dw. It's not on the list of supported printers. I tried clicking the Discovery button on the admin interface. I got a result that showed a HP LaserJet M402dw on socket direct usb://HP/HP LaserJet M402dw?serial=PHBVF15712. When I go to the Manual Add, enter the values and click Add Printer, I get the message: 'invalid printer model string'. Can I use a different driver that will work with this printer?

I then tried using the HP LaserJet 400 401d driver to manually configure the printer, using the same socket direct. I was able to add the printer to the list of Google Cloud printers. But, when I tried to print something, only a print job was created, nothing was printed. I tried this with and without sharing the printer. Is there a way to get the print job to actually print?

When I've added this printer to Google Cloud Print in the past without the Lantronix device, I was able to print documents. (So, why did I get the Lantronix device? Because when I add the printer without it, I cannot get the choice to print with legal paper. I was hoping the device would add this capability)

The Specs on the printer says it supports Postscript so it may work with:
    HP LaserJet 400 color
    HP LaserJet 400 M401d
    HP LaserJet 400 M401
    HP LaserJet 400 MFP M425

One of those drivers may work.

Unfortunately, there were more generic drivers in the cloud than the xPrintServer Office, as the xPrintServer Office only supports Postscript printing.

Lantronix is no longer updating printer drivers for the xPrintServer.
    "I find when in doubt I retrace my steps"

Comment

Working...
    X