Cloud printing via Lantronix on a Xerox workcenter 7545 --- quality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud printing via Lantronix on a Xerox workcenter 7545 --- quality

I have been using a Lantronix xPrintServer Office Edition all year and printing via chromebooks to a Xerox Workcentre 7545 with no issues. On Monday, March 5th the kids started reporting poor quality printouts. The black ink is blue, orange looks pink, the text is pixelly. However, if you print from Chrome browser on a PC and use the locally installed Xerox 7545 driver the jobs come how like they used to .... very good quality.
    I tried loading new drivers for the Xerox Workcentre 7545 on the Lantronix xPrintServer and it is on the approved list for printers. That did not help.

I haven't seen that problem happen on a xPrintServer before.

My recommendation would be to delete the printer from the printer list. (Click the gear to the right of the printer in the Printers tab.)
    Then go to Discovery on the Left side and click re-run discovery. (You may need to wait for a few minutes for it to detect and configure the WorkCentre 7545.)
    Retest printing. Note: you will have to share that printer out again with the students and other users.

Comment

Working...
    X