Error: Bad Status: 404 Comes Up After Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Bad Status: 404 Comes Up After Firmware Update

Getting error on chrome after updating the firmware and in internet explorer it just hangs on the loading application screen. The error chrome is Error: Bad Status: 404, In Internet Explorer, the error never comes up.

Try to reset the device by using the reset button in the pinhole on the bottom. Press in about 1/2 inch until you can feel the soft button press. The Led X will light solid if you are pushing on it and hold until the X goes dark and starts to flash (about 20 seconds.) Make sure to clear your cache as well in the browser.

Comment

I have already tried the reset button and clearing the cache, it did not solve the problem I am having. Also, I have tried using this on multiple different computers and the same problem is occurring on those computers as well.

Comment

Did you kept on pussing the resetswitch on the bpttom of the unit until the X-LED blinks 4 times?
        If so can you please send us the MAC-address of your xPrintServer? It starts with 00-80-A3 and 3 other octets.

Comment

I am having the same error after upgrading firmware. The device is still live, and it appears to work (you can print to printers) but I can not login in and get the 404 error when browsing to the URL. The xprintserver homepage is in the background, you just can not log in, no menu options etc.

Comment

Try to reset the device by using the reset button in the pinhole on the bottom. Press in about 1/2 inch until you can feel the soft button press. The Led X will light solid if you are pushing on it and hold until the X goes dark and starts to flash (about 20 seconds.) Make sure to clear your cache as well in the browser.
            "I find when in doubt I retrace my steps"

Comment

Hello Kevin, I tried resetting and using all the tools you have recommended in the previous posts to no avail. I will get the error, i believe the upgrade did not complete correctly and I need some assistance in either recovering or replacing this device.

Comment

I still do not have an answer for the failed firmware update on my xprintserver. Again . I did a firmware update. I did do the reset as suggested multiple times now, and the xprintserver gives a 404 error on access to web interface. What can we do? Is our xprinterserver now a brick? There has to be a solution. Come on Lantronix.

Comment

Kreeve,

So I don't see anything in your response about having tried to clear the browser cache on the computer? Try that as that is 90% of the problem. You can also test from another computer that can reach the xPS on then network.

If that still fails to fix the 404 error then the unit has taken a turn for the worse. I can check the serial number if you want to post it and see if the unit is still in warranty, but if the clearing the cache doesn't help then unfortunately the unit is non-functional. Lantronix doesn't have an additional way to recover.

As well if a new unit needs to be purchased Lantronix only makes two models now.

xPrintserver Office version 2 - Which only supports printers with Postscript print language and is on the supported printers list.

or
                  xPrintSever Cloud Edition, which works with the Google cloud services, but does not work with IOS devices local, only thru the cloud.

"I find when in doubt I retrace my steps"

Comment

Working...
                  X