Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xPico IAP and Non Modbus serial communication

Hello,

I have xPico IAP modules on a product that is originally intended to be used with Modbus RTU slaves on the Serial Channel 1. Now, I have a requirement to use the same without Modbus and as a plain UART communication with a slave module. Can this be done with the xPico IAP? (As it is or with a firmware modfication)

I see on the documentation that the xPico IAP can be used only for Modbus communication on one serial channel, does that mean the other channel can use used for plain UART communication? In which case can the Modbus be assigned to Channel 2 and Channel 1 be used for plain UART communication?

Regards
    Deepak

The xPico IAP uses a firmware that is designed to work with Modbus. You can reflash the xPico with standard firmware for plain UART tunneling.
    You can find the standard firmware here:
    ftp://ftp.lantronix.com/pub/xpico/6.11.0.9/

Gary Marrs

Comment

Wanted to add a note here. If you flash the xPico IAP to standard tunneling you cannot switch it back to Modbus. The embedded versions of the IAP product line do not have swap able firmware.

Kevin Page
      "I find when in doubt I retrace my steps"

Comment

Originally posted by gary_marrs View Post
        The xPico IAP uses a firmware that is designed to work with Modbus. You can reflash the xPico with standard firmware for plain UART tunneling.
        You can find the standard firmware here:
        ftp://ftp.lantronix.com/pub/xpico/6.11.0.9/

Gary Marrs
        Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and I got a Error. I dont have the exact error now, but it seemed to imply that I was trying to flash a firmware on an incompatible product.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Wanted to add a note here. If you flash the xPico IAP to standard tunneling you cannot switch it back to Modbus. The embedded versions of the IAP product line do not have swap able firmware.

Kevin Page
          I am ok with this. So I can actually flash standard xPico firmware as suggested by Gary then? Not sure why I got a error. I will try again and post the error if I get it.

Comment

I am getting the following error, when I try to upgrade to firmware ftp://ftp.lantronix.com/pub/xpico/6.11.0.9/

A pop up that says "Wrong source file, Valid is : PA"

Comment

Working...
            X