Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edlandell
    replied
    You can also use DeviceInstaller to save Configuration Records. Its under the File menu, Save Setup Records...

You can then save the setup records back to an XPort/xPico using Upgrade and choosing "Install setup records from a file" on Step 3.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• mariano
    replied
    You can export the setup records via Monitor Mode, with the commands that start with G. Save the configuration record to a .cfg file, and you can use that to configure the devices in bulk.

Leave a comment:

• hoverPat
    replied
    LPM looks like it could work using the batch configuration update tool, provided I had a configuration file to begin with. Can I export one from a previously configured device? How?

Leave a comment:

• mariano
    replied
    You can use Lantronix Provisioning Manager (https://www.lantronix.com/products/l...oning-manager/) to update firmware and/or configuration on multiple devices at the same time, via the network.

Leave a comment:

• hoverPat
    started a topic Configuring a batch of devices

Configuring a batch of devices

What is the best way to configure/program a batch of xPort and/or xPico devices? For a production run, we have to program 20 or so xPorts all exactly the same. (Another product uses xPico, but again all 20+ are identical to each other.) Currently, we use DeviceInstaller to ID, then manually configure each one. I'd like to be able to just upload a config file or write a script to run through Telnet or serial. Anything we could do to minimize mistakes would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Pat
Working...
X