Thermal Pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Pad

We are having compression issues with the Thermal pad and the xPico module. Wouldn't the pad fit better if there were a cutout for U5 (I think)? I haven't been able to determine exactly what that IC is and if it needs heatsinking. From the dwg on pg 12 of the Integration guide, it appears the Wi-fi module does not have this component, but I can't tell for sure.

No heat pad required for xPico Ethernet Only module.

[I][SIZE=2]From the IG page 33:
    ... The ground flooding and heat pad are only required for xPico Wi-Fi units in environments above +70

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I realize it is not required, but in thermal testing in the end product it was determined to be needed for our application. So, would I be able to find out if making a pad with a cutout for U5 is ok, because it would relieve some of the compression force being applied to the clip and make for a more secure fit. I also noticed the pad on one return from the field was much more brittle than the new pads. Do the pads change elasticity with heat or environmental exposure?

Comment

Yes, any thermal pad does change elasticity with heat and environmental exposure.
        In general, the hotter the hotspot of thermal pad applied the shorter the lifespan of the thermal pad.
        And it

Comment

[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black][SIZE=3]And it

Comment

Sorry, the editor is getting the best of me...
            And it

Comment

And it is gradually decreasing elasticity with heat and environmental exposure.

Comment

Working...
              X