Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDS2100 - How many ethernet connection can be made per port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDS2100 - How many ethernet connection can be made per port?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect a Siemens S7 1200 PLC to a UDS2100 via the ethernet connection. In the S7 PLC world the ethernet connection has two parts: Send and Receive. Both Send and Receive have to establish an ethernet connection.

I have achieved this with a simular VLINX ESP904 box, so I know my PLC program is OK.

In the case of the UDS2100 I am only able to make one ethernet connection per port; either Send or Receive but not both. Is it possible for the UDS2100 to make two or more ethernet connections per port?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Sean.

BTW if this is the wrong place for this question please feel free to direct me to the correct place. ;-)

Hello Sean,

My name is Jacques Bastian and I am the Technical Support engineer responsible for Europe, Middle East and Africa.

This question is more suited to send to Lantronix Technical support using the following link: http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/utils...m/redirect/ask

The current firmware of the UDS2100 allows only a single socket connection to a serial port. The hardware allows more socket connection, but that will require modifying the firmware. We have a free Software Development kit called CPK. This will require knowledge of embedded programming as you will need to build up the firmware from scratch.

An alternative is to use UPD instead of TCP

The EDS2100 could be a good alternative if you can setup the connection from the EDS2100 as this has a feature called simultaneous tunnel.
    Please see the following link: http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1648. (Please rename the file with an extension .pdf!)

Hopefully this helps,

Greetings,

Jacques Bastian
    Technical Support Engineer EMEA
    Europe, Middle-East, Africa

Comment

Hi Jacques,

Yes, thanks for your reply... it helps.

Regards,
      Sean.

Comment

Hi Jacques,