Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicast on xPico WiFi?

Hello,
    A simple question. Is it at all possible to implement IP multicast, or are the protocols limited by the library to unicast and broadcast only?

Posted too fast, I'll try ltrx_udp_socket_multicast_join

Edit: Works
    Last edited by ed4096; 10-09-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Question
      Is there a good way to remove the IP from the multicast group? Usually, I need to change the group IP on the fly. The device must not receive data on the old address(es). It seems that whenever I add a new address, old ones are still active. Closing the socket using ltrx_udp_socket_close and opening it again using ltrx_udp_socket_open_with_options did not help. Is a full device reboot the only option?

Comment

Originally posted by ed4096 View Post
        Question
        Is there a good way to remove the IP from the multicast group? Usually, I need to change the group IP on the fly. The device must not receive data on the old address(es). It seems that whenever I add a new address, old ones are still active. Closing the socket using ltrx_udp_socket_close and opening it again using ltrx_udp_socket_open_with_options did not help. Is a full device reboot the only option?
        Hi,
        Any ideas about removing the IP from the group?

Comment

In 1.5.0.3R3 (and I also tested 1.5.0.0R43) I am not able to join a multicast group when using the wlan0 interface. When using ap0, it seems to work fine. In my case, multicast group IP address is different from the DHCP address range (192.168.1.1), and I want to join something like 239.255.0.1. And, as previously mentioned, it does not seem to be possible to remove the IP from the group without resetting the module.

Comment

Working...
          X