Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change softAP status, Line2 in Command Line mode

Hello,
    how can I change status of softAP? Enable/disable I think. By very simple command.
    The same I need for softAP password changing.
    Thank you for answers and examples.
    ​​​​​

You can configure the SoftAP to be in "Triggered" mode, which means that it will wait for the CP Role "AP Trigger" in order to turn on the SoftAP.

The "AP Trigger" CP Role can then be made active either by a CP, or via the CLI:
    status
    cpm
    roles
    role ap trigger
    state active

In your configuration of the SoftAP, you can set a timeout. The SoftAP will turn off after that timeout has passed and no client is connected to the SoftAP.

Mariano

Comment

Yes, I know Triggered mode, I use it in our devices with 60 seconds timeout. (config by xml file)
      But I would like know, if it is possible,to set SoftAP enable/triggered by line (in command line mode) with simple one line command. The programmer say that he must go trough the menu to set it up. It is possible set SoftAP status with simple command without knowing menu tree?

Comment

I have next problem:

I send to xPico:
        Code:
        config<CR><LF>
        access point<CR><LF>
        mode triggered<CR><LF>
        But from xPico receive error:
        Code:
        config<CR><LF>
        <CR><LF>
        config>access point<CR><LF>
        <CR><LF>
        config Access Point>mode triggered<CR><LF>
        ERROR: Unable to validate channel.<ESC> [m<CR><LF>
        <BEL> <CR><LF>
        config Access Point>
        After restart it was ok, but it happened several times.

Next:
        How can I write setting permanent? I get a warning after setting the SoftAP.
        Code:
        config Access Point>mode always up<CR><LF>
        Changed Access Point Mode to "Always Up".<ESC> [m<CR><LF>
        <ESC> [2mWARNING: Change will not persist after reboot unless you "write".<ESC> [m<CR><LF>

Comment

Hello,

You can use Line 2 -> command line interface to enable / disable softAP. However, after change the state enable or disable in CLI, you need to send "write" command to save the configuration into the flash. Later on, you can go back to CLI -> status -> device -> reboot and then click ok. In this case, the softAP will be disable or enable after rebooting the xPico wifi.
          Last edited by blee; 11-27-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

What does mean "ERROR: Unable to validate channel."

Comment

Working...
            X