Use of GPIO pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of GPIO pins

I want to use two GPIO pins for switching a relay. One pin will be configured as an input while the other pin will be configured as an output. When a voltage appears on the input pin, I then want the output pin to activate and power a relay coil. The purpose of this setup is to control the data flow through a serial port. Does anyone have any insight how to control the GPIO pins in this manner?

It depends on whether this is something that you want the xPico Wi-Fi to do automatically, or if you want to control it from a custom webpage on the web server.

If custom webpage on a web server, you can read CP inputs and set CP outputs using the WebAPI. We have a Javascript library to make that easier:

https://github.com/Lantronix/xpwJSlib

Like any Javascript, it runs on the browser, so it only works while someone is connected to the web server.

If rather you want the xPico Wi-Fi to make those decisions by itself, then you need to develop code that runs on the xPico Wi-Fi itself. If you would like to do that, you need to contact your local FAE to get the SDK. Since I happen to be the FAE for your region, let me know if this is what you'd like to do and we'll start the process to get you the SDK.

Mariano

Comment

Hi Mariano,

Thank you for your phone call. I look forward to receiving the agreement so I can get started with the sdk.

Comment

Working...
      X