SoftAP Very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoftAP Very slow

So I have this web server on the xPico serving data via ajax.

I noticed that when I connect to the xPico directly via the SoftAP mode, the ajax updates are much slower than connecting to the xPico via wlan0 and a wireless router.

Why is my SoftAP connection so slow, any ideas

It seems that the SoftAP protocol overhead is maxing out the xPico micro

Do you have any WLAN Profiles configured and the Client interface is not connected to an Access Point?

If so, then the radio has to periodically scan all the channels to see if it can find an external Access Point with the SSID that matches a WLAN Profile so that it can make the connection.

While going to another channel to scan, the radio can't get packets across to the SoftAP-connected devices for a small period of time.

Since the SoftAP and the Station interface share the same radio, the only way to stop this is to remove WLAN Profiles so that the radio doesn't try to scan for Access Points to connect to.

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by mariano View Post
      Do you have any WLAN Profiles configured and the Client interface is not connected to an Access Point?

If so, then the radio has to periodically scan all the channels to see if it can find an external Access Point with the SSID that matches a WLAN Profile so that it can make the connection.

While going to another channel to scan, the radio can't get packets across to the SoftAP-connected devices for a small period of time.

Since the SoftAP and the Station interface share the same radio, the only way to stop this is to remove WLAN Profiles so that the radio doesn't try to scan for Access Points to connect to.

Mariano

I have disabled the wlan profiles and it sure does make a big difference.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X