Ddns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddns

I was wondering if anyone has had any success using the DDNS functionality on the XN and if so, with what vendor?

I'm doing a proof of concept with these devices in and Active Directory environment and apparently the flags are not set on the wlan0 interface to allow DHCP to do the secure update in DNS. I've managed to work around every other limitation of the device but this one has me fuming.

Any other ideas would be welcome as well!

Thanks in advance

Ddns

I am not sure if we tested this use case.. have you tried configuring the DDNS settings on the PW-XN? The PW-XN does not support AD directly.

As a point of clarification, my understanding is that you would like PW-XN to update the DNS in your AD environment and then to use DNS to access it. Is this what you are trying to do?

Gary Marrs
    Lantronix FAE
    garym@lantronix.com

Originally posted by BrianZ View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had any success using the DDNS functionality on the XN and if so, with what vendor?

I'm doing a proof of concept with these devices in and Active Directory environment and apparently the flags are not set on the wlan0 interface to allow DHCP to do the secure update in DNS. I've managed to work around every other limitation of the device but this one has me fuming.

Any other ideas would be welcome as well!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Ddns

One other thing to try...

Set the DHCP Client ID under network->Interface-> configuration.

In some environments, the DHCP server will pass this to the DNS server.

Gary Marrs
      Lantronix FAE

Comment

Working...
      X