sockets using html5 WebSocket interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sockets using html5 WebSocket interface

I have successfully written Java Applets for the xport to open up sockets and transfer xport serial data into Java.

But I dont want to use Java in the future.

Is there a way to open up a socket using the new "WebSocket" interface built into html5 & Javascript (i.e. using the new Chrome browser Beta)?

Thanks

We are still investigating this technology and don't have anything on our roadmap.

mattmc

Comment

I was able to use "TcpClient" in Visual Basic to open up a socket to the Xport, and of course "Socket" in Java, but I cannot get "WebSocket" to work using Google Chrome and html/Javascript.

My assumption is that the Chrome browser can now open up a socket using WebSocket, just like my Visual Basic EXE program using TcpClient, and that Xport doesnt need any new programming on the server side?

Does anyone have any help on this.

Thanks
      Last edited by darrink1; 05-24-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

any new findings with regards to using HTML5 websocket with xport/matchport?

Comment

WebSockets

Hi

I'm new here. Anything new on the WebSocket? I need this also and I'm thinking of implementing this my self. Anybody out there who did this? I have read the specs on the websocket and it's not difficult to do. A simple handshake and you are up and running.

I would be glad to hear from somebody...

Reagrds
          Bo

Comment

The issue is for the webserver to support websockets and then have an application behind it that can do something useful with the data. While we don't have that on the XPort AR, I just posted an example Python script on the Python forum. You can run Pyton on the PremierWave products, and the script will create a webserver with websockets and send data back and forth between the web page and the serial port.

Mariano

Comment

Working...
            X