Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ilya687
    replied
    To initialize it via your program, you would need to define a group containing your CP and set up as you like (as an output), enable that group to initialize the I/O, then disable the group
    Can I, through XML, create the group already disabled? Or do I have to do 2 seperate streams. The first to create the enabled group, and the second to simply disable it.

Leave a comment:

• jhamady
    replied
    Did you get this to work on your device ?

Leave a comment:

• jhamady
    replied
    Can you test this please

Ok here is my code and the screen shot after i run the submit on the sample page. CP1 and CP2 work perfectly but CP3 will not set.

can you try this code and see if CP3 turns on for you. If so I am wondering if I have a faulty unit.

Thank you,
    Jay
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scook
    replied
    CP Groups

No, no, do not ever create any CP groups using CP names.

You have two overall choices, pick one first.

To access CPs via groups (like "DemoCp1"), first create them from the Groups page, specifying Input or Output and Assert Low or not. Then make sure the group is enabled. To access the pin via your program, use the name (like "DemoCP1"). Using this method, when the device boots up, it will initialize the I/O as you have specified.

To access CPs on an "ad hoc" basis, use the CP name (such as "CP1"). In this case, make sure that no group is enabled that uses this CP. However, the I/O mode is not initialized for you. To initialize it via your program, you would need to define a group containing your CP and set up as you like (as an output), enable that group to initialize the I/O, then disable the group. This would leave the pin I/O configured as it was for the last enabled group. When you use the Web Manager "CPs" page to manipulate the I/O, you are doing this.

I recommend that you use the first of these methods for your program, since this assures that you do not have multiple simultaneous conflicting uses for the CP.

I just tried all of this out with an XPort-Pro in our lab, and the output to CP3 works fine. If it does not work for you, please consider that your SDK application program might be setting it, and you could be "fighting" it.

Leave a comment:

• jhamady
    replied
    I even tried setting via command line and via code with this config

char *xmlCPConfig = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" standalone=\"yes\"?>" \
    "<configrecord version = \"0.1.0.0T0\">" \
    "<configgroup name = \"cp group\" instance = \"CPM1\">" \
    "<configitem name = \"cp\">" \
    "<value name = \"cp\">1</value>" \
    "<value name = \"bit\">0</value>" \
    "<value name = \"type\">output</value>" \
    "<value name = \"assert low\">disable</value>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "<configitem name = \"state\">" \
    "<value>enable</value>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "</configgroup>" \
    "<configgroup name = \"cp group\" instance = \"CPM2\">" \
    "<value name = \"cp\">2</value>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "</configgroup>" \
    "<configgroup name = \"cp group\" instance = \"CPM3\">" \
    "<value name = \"cp\">3</value>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "</configitem>" \
    "</configgroup>"

I saw on a couple other posts they were talking about the default config set to a serial mode and to switch it over ... other than the setting I have set is there other ones to make that CP3 an output ?

Thanks,
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• jhamady
    replied
    Still No Value setting for CP3

I am using the web interface and I have it setup correctly then I enter 1 for the value looks like it takes says that it has been applied and the value is still 0. Look at the screen shots i have attached. The first two images show CP3 value not setting and the last shows CP2 value sets.

Thank You,
    Jay
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jhamady; 01-13-2011, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scook
    replied
    CP Input and Output

Make sure that the CP is actually set as an output, if you want to control it. You can do this manually from the CPs web page. However, if you want the setting to "persist", you need to create a CP group, populate it with the CP defined as an output, and enable the group.

Leave a comment:

• jhamady
    started a topic OutPut CP3 value not setting

OutPut CP3 value not setting

XPort Pro
    I can set CP1 and CP2 values and looks like I can set the value to CP3 but it never takes. even though the command line it looks like it set then you do a show and still set to 0.

Also what is the command if I make a web page to trigger the CP's

Thanks,
    Jay
Working...
X