Build Error - /bin/sh: m68k-uclinux-gcc: command not found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Error - /bin/sh: m68k-uclinux-gcc: command not found

I am running through the UG and have reached the point to build an image. I configured for defaults only and what I get is:

m68k-uclinux-gcc -Wp,-MD,kernel/.bounds.s.d -nostdinc -isystem -Iinclude -I/home/loreck/Documents/LantronixSDK/linux/linux-2.6.x/arch/m68k/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 -m5200 -D__linux__ -DUTS_SYSNAME=\"uClinux\" -fomit-frame-pointer -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds)" -fverbose-asm -S -o kernel/bounds.s kernel/bounds.c
    /bin/sh: m68k-uclinux-gcc: command not found
    make[3]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 127
    make[2]: *** [prepare0] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/loreck/Documents/LantronixSDK/linux/linux-2.6.x'
    make[1]: *** [linux] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/loreck/Documents/LantronixSDK/linux'
    make: *** [build] Error 2

I thought that for some reason sh was unable to locate m68k-uclinux-gcc, so I added its location to PATH, but get the same result.
    Any ideas?

In the root of your install directory (ie <install_dir>), there should be a file named "env_m68k-uclinux". Did you remember to execute the following command:

Code:
    . env_m68k-uclinux
    to correctly set up your environment?

Comment

Yes and there were no issues running env_m68_uclinux.

Comment

Resolved.

I read something that suggested a permission issue, so I ran:

sudo chown <username> <installdir> -R

After that, I re-ran:

make config
        . env_m68k-uclinux
        make

Everything worked after that.

Thank you for your help, Mark!

Comment

Glad you got there in the end!

Comment

Same Build Issue

I'm suffering nearly the same build issue:

/linux-2.6.x/arch/m68k/include -include include/linux/autoconf.h -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 -m5200 -D__linux__ -DUTS_SYSNAME=\"uClinux\" -fomit-frame-pointer -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(bounds)" -fverbose-asm -S -o kernel/bounds.s kernel/bounds.c
            /bin/sh: /home/ec2-user/sdk/toolchains/freescale-coldfire-4.4/bin/m68k-uclinux-gcc: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
            make[3]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 126
            make[2]: *** [prepare0] Error 2
            make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ec2-user/sdk/linux/linux-2.6.x'
            make[1]: *** [linux] Error 1
            make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ec2-user/sdk/linux'
            make: *** [build] Error 2

I'm using the tools on an Amazon EC2 instance with the Amazon AMI linux build. I had no issues building the SDK. I ran:

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-15-197 sdk]$ sudo chown ec2-user sdk -R

to assure that I owned the sdk directory.

I ran:
            make config
            . env_m68k-uclinux
            make

and got the ERROR 126 message.

BC

Comment

Got past this problem. The Amazon AMI linux image is a 64 bit image. I genned up a 32 bit Red Hat image on another EC2 instance and was able to build uclinux.

Tools are 32 bit....done.

BC

Comment

Working...
              X