X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpm1510
    started a topic Can't TFTP new firmware to XPort Pro

Can't TFTP new firmware to XPort Pro

I've been able to install the SDK, make changes through menuconfig, and build a new set of image files... Now I'm trying to TFTP my updated firmware to my XPort Pro, but I'm getting errors saying:

ICMP : Port Unreachable
    TFTP could not make connection to server.

I've set my dBUG configuration to match what's shown in section 3 of the user guide, and I've got my TFTP server running with the image loaded into the correct spot on my host. I've turned off the firewall on my host, and I'm able to ping the XPort. I can see the TFTP requests going out over the network through Wireshark... it looks like the host cannot reach port 69 on the XPort.

My dBUG settings are identical (other than IP and file location, mine is /tftpboot/image.bin) to what's listed in this thread:

http://forums.lantronix.com/showthread.php?t=965

• tpm1510
    replied
    This was an issue with the TFTP server running on my host machine. I'd been trying to configure the server through the /etc/default/tftp-hpa file, but creating a file named /etc/xinetd.d/tftp with the following contents solved my problem.

/etc/xinetd.d/tftp:

Code:
    service tftp
    {
    protocol        = udp
    port            = 69
    socket_type     = dgram
    wait            = yes
    user            = nobody
    server          = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
    server_args     = /var/lib/tftpboot
    disable         = no
    }

Leave a comment:

• garry0427
    replied
    XPort Pro Linux does not have TFTP enabled.
    Typically during development, you would post your new image to /tftpboot on your development platform, and have the XPP use tftp (from dBug) to fetch it.
    In which case, the XPP is the tftp client, and your development system runs the server.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X