Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send E-Mails : how ? (please help)

Hello,

does someone know how to send e-mails from XPORT-Pro (Linux SDK 2.0) to SMTP servers (yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...) ?

We made a script in perl, but I didn't succeed to built perl. So we decided to use SENDMAIL for this. But we don't know how to configure it in a ?CLinux.

please help, it remains just 1 week before this part of project deadline, and we're already late...

thank you !

Up please ! it's really important

Comment

hi again !

I'd try to add some details since I'm still trying to make it work.
      I try to use :

sendmail -S XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXX -f myAddr@myIap.com -s "subjectOfMail" -au myLogin -ap myPasswd receipAddr@hisIap.com

it returns an error :
      "sendmail: NOOP failed"

I gues that's because it can't communicate with the MTA server. But I have no clues...

could you help me to find the solution please ?

thx everybody !

Comment

Well, still no answer...

I wrote my own program to send e-mails. The problem which remains is the size of the executable we obtain.
        When I compile with a computer, the executable is about 30kB, but when it's done with cross compilation for ?CLinux, the executable is about 750kB. I know it should be the way to add openssl libraries, but I can't find how to add this properly. I use the same way as BOA(with SSL) :

CFLAGS += -DSERVER_SSL=1 -I../../../openssl/this/include
        EXTRALIBS += -L../../../openssl/this $(LIBSSL) $(LIBCRYPTO)

... $(CC) ... $(EXTRALIBS) ...

if someone wants to help with the size of the executable, feel free

Comment

I think the sendmail can do this in uClinux. But I've not practiced. Any body who has tried? Thanks.

Comment

I tried this:

/ # sendmail -S 173.194.79.108:587 -s "Subject" -f myEmail@gmail.com -F "MyName" -au myEmail@gmail.com -ap 12345678 myAnotherEmail@gmail.com
            sendmail: MAIL FROM:<myEmail@gmail.com> failed
            / #

I have built in the openssl library and built openssl and openssh in Busybox.

I have some questions:

1. Why there is no openssl command in Busybox?

2. Why my dns doesn't work? I have to use the IP address instead of smtp.google.com:587?

3. I failed. I can't figure out why MAIL FROM:xxxx failed.

Any hints will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X