Default power on state of GPIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default power on state of GPIO

I have two Matchport ARs that both have their inputs connected to a common wire that is used to signal to both of the input is high or low.

It seems like sometimes there is a race condition where one of the Matchports read zero on start up, one is pulling the other down?

Is this setup possible? Are the gpio inputs tri-state when powering up?

Need a bit more information. Which pins exactly, Evolution OS? Standard firmware, or custom firmware? Is the CP Manager being used?
    Normally, at boot up, the pins should be inputs.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Thank you for responding,

Linux OS, Standard Firmware, with GPIO enabled for the pins, CP Manager is disabled, I am driving the GPIO pins using the libcp calls like in the LED example:

So after the initial cp_config_init() call, if it matches 7 for the number of Matchport AR Pins I use almost all the pins in various ways as inputs and outputs:

Code:
      #define LAN_CAB_ID_A_PIN (6)
      #define LAN_CAB_ID_B_PIN (7)

/* Configure Lantronix CPM pins 1 to 7 IO */

int ret = 0;
              for(i = 1; i < (NUM_CPM_PINS + 1); i++)
              {
                  ret = cp_config_invert_set(i, 0 ); /* TURN OFF PIN INVERSION */

switch(i)
                  {
                      case AVR_BOOT_PIN:
                      {
                          ret = cp_config_state_set(AVR_BOOT_PIN, 1);      /* ENABLED PIN */

if (ret < 0)
                          {
                              fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO ENABLE PIN [%d]\n", i);
                          }

ret = cp_config_type_set(AVR_BOOT_PIN, CPM_OUTPUT);    /* CPM1 OUTPUT */

if (ret < 0)
                          {
                              fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO SET OUTPUT PIN [%d]\n", i);
                          }

ret = cp_config_data_output(AVR_BOOT_PIN, 0);          /* OUTPUT LOW */

if (ret < 0)
                          {
                              fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO SET PIN [%d] OUTPUT LOW\n", i);
                          }

break;
                      }
                      case AVR_RESET_PIN:
                          cp_config_state_set(AVR_RESET_PIN, 1);              /* ENABLED PIN */
                          cp_config_type_set(AVR_RESET_PIN, CPM_OUTPUT);   /* CPM2 OUTPUT */
                          cp_config_data_output(AVR_RESET_PIN, 0);         /* OUTPUT LOW */
                          break;

case LAN_ETH_ID_PIN:
                          cp_config_state_set(LAN_ETH_ID_PIN, 1);      /* ENABLED PIN */
                          cp_config_type_set(LAN_ETH_ID_PIN, CPM_INPUT);      /* CPM3 INPUT */

break;

case LAN_UNUSED_PIN4:
                          cp_config_type_set(LAN_UNUSED_PIN4, CPM_INPUT); /* CPM4 INPUT */
                          cp_config_state_set(LAN_UNUSED_PIN4, 0);      /* DISABLED PIN */
                          break;    

case LAN_UNUSED_PIN5:
                          cp_config_type_set(LAN_UNUSED_PIN5, CPM_INPUT); /* CPM5 INPUT */
                          cp_config_state_set(LAN_UNUSED_PIN5, 0);      /* DISABLED PIN */
                          break;    
                  case LAN_CAB_ID_A_PIN:
                  {
                      ret = cp_config_state_set(LAN_CAB_ID_A_PIN, 1);      /* ENABLED PIN */
                      if (ret < 0)
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO ENABLE PIN [%d] CAB_ID_A GPIO\n", i);
                      }
                      else
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nENABLED PIN [%d] CAB_ID_A GPIO\n", i);
                      }

ret = cp_config_type_set(LAN_CAB_ID_A_PIN, CPM_INPUT); /* CPM6 INPUT */

if (ret < 0)
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO SET PIN CAB_ID_A GPIO [%d] AS INPUT\n", i);
                      }
                      else
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nSET PIN [%d] CAB_ID_A GPIO AS INPUT\n", i);
                      }
                      break;
                  }
                  case LAN_CAB_ID_B_PIN:
                      ret = cp_config_state_set(LAN_CAB_ID_B_PIN, 1);      /* ENABLED PIN */
                      if (ret < 0)
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO ENABLE PIN CAB_ID_B GPIO [%d]\n", i);
                      }
                      else
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nENABLED PIN CAB_ID_B GPIO[%d]\n", i);
                      }
                      ret = cp_config_type_set(LAN_CAB_ID_B_PIN, CPM_INPUT); /* CPM7 INPUT */
                      if (ret < 0)
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nFAILED TO SET PIN [%d] CAB_ID_B GPIO AS INPUT\n", i);
                      }
                      else
                      {
                          fprintf(stderr, "\nSET PIN [%d] CAB_ID_B GPIO AS INPUT\n", i);
                      }
                      break;

default:
                      // TODO: GENERATE EVENT?
                      printf("\nNOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE \n");
                      cp_config_type_set(i, CPM_INPUT); /* SET CPM TO INPUT, SAFEST */
                      cp_config_state_set(i, 0);      /* DISABLED PIN */
                      cp_config_exit();
                      break;

}

The two Matchport ARs power up at the same time, and GPIO Pin 6 is connect to the other GPIO pin 6 so both Matchports get the input at the same time, same with GPIO Pin 7:

Picture of setup:

https://ibb.co/dGdshHw

Am I initializing the GPIO correctly?

Thank you
      Last edited by zacharoni16; 04-30-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Try setting the 'type / direction' before enabling 'state_set the pin'

Comment

Thank you, I will try this later today! Do you know the difference between cp_input_data and cp_input_level? Would cp_input_level() be better for reading if a signal was high or low ?

Comment

Working...
          X