Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access xPort Pro after setting "Boot from flash"

Hi,

my xPort Pro was booting fine with the setting autoboot="Boot from network" in DBUG. But then I tried to set autoboot to "Boot from flash" and now I cannot access my xPort Pro anymore.

Can you give a hint how I can get it running again? How can I set it to factory default?

Regards,
    Tom

you should be able to break into the boot startup with any character on the serial port while dBUG is starting.
    If you have your code running correctly - via boot from the network - then you need to 'flash it' before you can use boot from flash. See the SDK manual - dnfl command.

Comment

Hi garry,

thanks for you response. I have tried to break into the boot startup by pressing a key in the serial terminal but it does not work and I also cannot see the DBUG output because I have set it to silentboot=on. The uclinux is alwas booting (I can see the boot screen outputs) but I cannot login since there is no login prompt shown.

Regards Tom

Comment

Sorry I'm confused. Silentboot is on - so, no boot messages should be on the terminal.
        Pressing a key at boot, does not stop into dBUG?? - yet you see 'something' on the terminal. What exactly?
        You said: uclinux is always booting
        If that is so - can you get to it over the network with telnet?
        If the device is available over the network - try netcon to reconfigure the dBUG as needed. .../hostsrc/netcon-terminal/netcon

Comment

Working...
        X