Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fw-upgrade illegal write request

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

i have installed a new ubuntu 10.04 from scratch and then installed and configured the Linux SDK 2.0. Then I have integrated some old self made programms to the SDK. Everything works fine, compiling is no problem and all my programs are up and running on the XPortPro.

But the fw-upgrade utility doesn't work: if i try to transfer a file with tftp to the xport i get the following output from the XPort:
    "ALERT: Upgrade server received an illegal write request to install '/var/firmware.img' - ignored!"

I still compared the user privileges of fw-upgrade and the destination folder /var/firmware from my new image and an old working image, it's all the same.

Does anyone please have a hint how to fix this?

Thanks in advance ...

Edit: Problem solved, "tftpd -> low security on tftp server" was not checked. now it works
    Last edited by votug; 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM. Reason: Problem solved, see above.

Originally posted by votug View Post
    But the fw-upgrade utility doesn't work: if i try to transfer a file with tftp to the xport i get the following output from the XPort:
    "ALERT: Upgrade server received an illegal write request to install '/var/firmware.img' - ignored!"

Edit: Problem solved, "tftpd -> low security on tftp server" was not checked. now it works
    I have the same problem and I am new to the XPort Pro Linux SDK.

Where is the "tftpd -> low security on tftp server" as indicated above located? Is it on the target or on the host Linux?

I have tftpd installed on Ububtu 10.04.

Comment

Working...
    X