Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to change module's region - Not permitted to change SKU error

Hi,

when I try to change the region by importing the OEM config, I am getting the error as shown below if I include the "Region" config item. I tried having the radio disabled during the upload but that didn't help. Any idea why that is?

Thanks
    Peter

curl --digest -u admin:PASSWORD http://192.168.0.135/import/config -X POST --form [email protected]

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <!-- Automatically generated XML -->
    <!DOCTYPE function [
    <!ELEMENT function (return)>
    <!ELEMENT return (result,message+)>
    <!ELEMENT result (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT message (#PCDATA)>
    <!ATTLIST function version CDATA #IMPLIED>
    ]>
    <function version = "0.1.0.0">
    <return>
    <message>ERROR: Not permitted to change SKU.</message>
    <message>ERROR: Failed in group &quot;OEM&quot;.</message>
    <message>ERROR: XML parsing failed at line 41.</message>
    <message>ERROR: XML import failed.</message>
    <result>Failed</result>
    </return>
    </function>

Hmmm... it seems that gis has something to do with the "Missing Values" configured to "Set to defaults". If I get the whole OEM configgroup (including the MACs and the SKU) and then re-upload, it works. As if the "defaults" were not acceptable by the device so a missing value causes the error. Does that make any sense?

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by trenco View Post
      Hmmm... it seems that gis has something to do with the "Missing Values" configured to "Set to defaults". If I get the whole OEM configgroup (including the MACs and the SKU) and then re-upload, it works. As if the "defaults" were not acceptable by the device so a missing value causes the error. Does that make any sense?

Peter
      Yes, you can't change the SKU, so if importing OEM configgroup without the SKU (set to the same as it currently is) then the "Missing Values" can't be "Set to defaults", as that would trigger a change of the SKU.

Mariano

Comment

Working...
      X