Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using user permissions to customize the web config content visibility

Hello,

I understand that as of v3.5 it is possible to configure user level permissions based on config groups.
    I managed to create a user with user level "User" and limit the ability to save configuration for specific config groups only (the user gets an error when they try to save other config).
    However, the config groups are still visible in the manager. Is it possible to "hide" specific areas?
    We are planning to ship the modules pre-configured and it would be confusing for the users to see the "internal" settings.
    I was planning to do this through CSS styling but if I could pre-configure user account that would only show specific config groups, that would be great.

Thanks
    Peter

The way to hide specific groups on the web manager is to use CSS, but that will be for every user. There's no way to dynamically change what is displayed on the default web manager based on user.

To do something like this, you would need to create custom web pages: https://docs.lantronix.com/products/...r-own-webpages

Comment

Working...
    X