X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariano
    replied
    Peter,
    I see the issue slightly different than you're reporting. If setting to x.y, then the .y doesn't show up. I changed SDK_VERSION to 9.5, and only the 9 shows. See here:
    Screenshot from 2019-10-19 10-07-37.png

I'll report this and see if it can be fixed in the future.

If you're not seeing the same, make clean and make again.

For now, you could change the LANTRONIX_VERSION in version.make and track it that way. I would suggest to only change the last 2 digits and leave the first 2 digits (the major release) as is.

Mariano

Leave a comment:

• trenco
    replied
    Thanks Mariano,

I tried changing the SDK_VERSION in my Makefile. Although it changes the name of the file, it does not affect the actual firmware version as reported in the web interface.

Originally, my compiler target (i.e. file name) was mcc_3.5.0.0R8.1.0.rom and the version reported in the status page was 3.5.0.0R8.1
    I changed the SDK_VERSION to 2.1 and now the file is named mcc_3.5.0.0R8.2.1.rom but the firmware version remains 3.5.0.0R8.1.

I'm looking for a way to change the version that's reported in the status page - let's say that I have a customer that calls in with a tech support question. We should be able to verify what version of firmware is he running in the unit.

Thanks
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• mariano
    replied
    This is defined by TARGET_VERSION in build/platform.make, which is set to $(LANTRONIX_VERSION).$(SDK_VERSION)

SDK_VERSION in custom/project/<project_name>/Makefile

LANTRONIX_VERSION in lantronix/version.make

I would recommend against changing LANTRONIX_VERSION as that tracks which SDK version was used to build it (for future debugging or support issues).

Mariano

Leave a comment:

• trenco
    started a topic Firmware versioning

Firmware versioning

Hello,

Is there a way I can specify a build version to my firmware?
    Right now, When I build the code and upload it to the device, it's showing firmware version "3.5.0.0R8.1". I'd like to be able to add my own build number to this so that I can track what version is loaded in the device. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Peter

Working...
X