DeviceInstaller 4.2.0.4 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeviceInstaller 4.2.0.4 Error

I'm getting an interesting error on my builds when I update the firmware and/or click on my Matchport AR device in DeviceInstaller 4.2.0.4 as follows:

"The configuration could not be retrieved from teh device.
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at
    Lantronix.Platforms.Evolution.XPort.XPortARDevice. GetConfigurationViaXML()
    at Lantronix.Platforms.Evolution.XPort.XPortARDevice. GetConfiguration()
    at DeviceInstaller.Form1.processNodeSelect(TreeNode node)"

Is this something to be expected with custom applications or added SNMP commands?

Windows 7 issue?

Thanks,
    trostals

There are no known issues with this combination of DI and MatchPort AR.

Let me check with a DeviceInstaller engineer.

Comment

I spoke with a DI engineer, and even had him re-run some basic tests with DI, on Window 7, and using the FW version you have. We are not seeing any problems here (of course :-).

Can you give us any additional info? Does it happen 100% of the time? Did it ever work? Does DI see the device, but fails to upload? ...

Is it an option for you to provide a network (wireshark) trace on the failing session? That would be best and allow us to see exactly what is going on between the device server and DeviceInstaller.

mattmc

Comment

I have seen this error on firmwares where I have change the config.h file to use custom product codes. Have you changed config.h?

Comment

Bummer, I didn't see an email for your replies.

Yes, I have customized the config.h to have our companies desired firmware version and short and long description.

#define DEFAULT_SHORT_NAME "FLX"
          #define DEFAULT_LONG_NAME "Leviton Monitored FLX PDU"
          #define IMAGE_NAME "MonitoredPDU"

#define CUSTOMER_VERSION_STRING "L2.00"

Comment

To answer the other questions in the post, the firmware upgrades still work.

Just some of the device detail properties are missing.

Comment

Working...
            X