Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sourcery G++ IDE error

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sourcery G++ IDE error

    Hi everybody,

    I'm compiling with beta version and when I'm running debug in "Sourcery G++ IDE" this error is showed :

    Code:
    set remotetimeout 10
    m68k-elf-sprite:C:\Proyect\MatchPort-Ar\_mux\cm4v0100\matchport_ar.xml:24:error:Property 'core' not expected
    Remote communication error: No error.
    Kind regards.

    Many thanks.
    I have the power.

  • #2
    Some questions for you:

    Are you attempting to make a connection with the MatchPort AR through the MultiLink BDM debugger module?

    Did you read the SDK Users Guide? This document contains a step-by-step description of how to configure the Sourcery G++ IDE for building MatchPort applications.

    Are you using the correct version of Sourcery G++? See this post for more information.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello James,

      Yes , I'm using Multilink BDM debugger module and the Sourcery G++ IDE Version: 4.2-59. I have compared "matchport_ar.xml" and previuos "matchport_ar.xml" and have find this...

      Code:
          <property name="core">
            v2
          </property>
      Best regards.
      I have the power.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good catch! You spotted the problem. The platform configuration in the matchport_ar.xml file was modified for the newer version of Sourcery G++ which we will soon support. Unfortunately, as you found out, these changes don't work with the older version that we currently support.

        To fix the problem remove the following XML fragment from the matchport_ar.xml file:
        Code:
         
        <properties>
            <property name="core">
                v2
            </property>
        <property name="cache"/>
        Code:
        </properties>


        and replace it with this fragment:

        Code:
         
        <properties>
            <property name="cache"/>
        Code:
        </properties>


        This effectively restores the original content of the XML file before we made our ill fated change.

        I have logged this as a bug so that it is correct in the next release of the SDK.

        Thanks again for pointing this out.

        Comment


        • #5
          With CodeSourcery 4.3.252 the lines
          Code:
              <property name="core">
                  v2
              </property>
          must be included in the XML file

          Peter
          Lantronix FAE EMEA

          Comment

          Working...
          X