MQTT library on Matchport b/g pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MQTT library on Matchport b/g pro

hi to everyone , i'm looking for use some MQTT library on EvolutionOS.
    I'm new to Evolution SDK and i'm troubling when i'm going to include for example Mosquitto library http://mosquitto.org/download/ in the SDK.

I do not understand how to include files .h .c from the Mosquitto client library in the Makefile.

Anyone have experience with MQTT on Lantronix device?

Thanks.

I don't have experience with MQTT, but as far as how to get it to start building, look at the samples/ directory when you installed the Evolution SDK.

Under xport_pro (or whatever platform you want), there's the Makefile that is called by cs-make. If you look at that Makefile, you can see how it builds the samples. For example, if you type cs-make sslclient, it'll build the sslclient into xport_pro.romz.

I would start from that, and modify it for MQTT. One issue is that by just taking a cursory look at the MQTT source code, you'll have to at least change the includes to work with the Evolution SDK. For example for the socket library, if it's WIN32 it includes winsock2.h, but if not it includes unistd.h. Well, we don't have either. You'll have to include evolution_socket.h instead. And then see what functions are being called in the code and make sure they are there/compatible/etc.

What I'm saying is, it'll take some porting work to do this. If you do port it over, it'd be interesting to see it!

Comment

Thanks. I've spent yesterday to get a look to a lot of C libraries for MQTT.
      I'm thinking that port all the dependencies (for example mosquitto) is a too big work, then i'm started looking to the sockets.c example and starting from this and this library http://code.google.com/p/liblwmqtt/ develop the unrealized part.

My start requirement is not all the protocol, but a simple prototype.

Eventually (i've seen C++ implementation also...) is possible to compile C++ program on this platform?Same library dependecies problem, right?

Thanks, for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
      X