• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snohelty
    replied
    Working...

Steve,

Working now. Thanks for the help. I don't know exactly what I was doing wrong previously but everything looks good now.

Steve Nohelty

Leave a comment:

• scook
    replied
    Monitoring update

Yes, there should be some basic log entries about what is happening. However if the device is rebooting, it might be hard to see them. I recommend configuring syslog so you can monitor from your PC; that way you can see log messages before and after a reboot.

Leave a comment:

• snohelty
    replied
    Steve,

Actually I did enable firmware updates. Anything else which could be causing problems? Is there any way to determine (e.g. log file) what is not working?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• scook
    replied
    Firmware update with TFTP

I believe the original implementation did not allow firmware update over TFTP for security reasons. At some later time, this capability was added, but it must be enabled. With your Web Manager, go to the TFTP Server page. Under configuration, you should see "Allow Firmware Update". This must be enabled. If you do not see this configurable, you need a newer firmware version to do this.

Leave a comment:

• snohelty
    started a topic Reprogramming XPort Pro remotely

Reprogramming XPort Pro remotely

I am attempting to reprogram the XPort Pro module remotely by writing the new image file to a temporary file on the XPort Pro file system and then using TFTP with the loopback address "127.0.0.1" to write the actual image file, "xport_pro.romz". The temporary file gets written correctly and I get a successful return code (=0) from tftp, but the new image is never loaded. What am I missing?
Working...
X