MIME type for CSS files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIME type for CSS files

Recently, I turned off internet explorer's compatibility mode by using a HTML header statement. Since that change, IE 9.0 does not use the given CSS files. I found out, that the HTTP Content-Type statement is missing for files with the ending ".css". The same problem shows up with the Lantronix management page.

Here some steps to reproduce the problem:
    • use a XPort-Pro device with Evolution OS
    • upload the firmware "xport_pro_5_2_0_0_R20.romz" (version 5.2.0.0 R22 shows the same behaviour)
    • call the page http://[IP]/ with Firefox/Chrome/Opera to see a well formatted page
    • call the page with IE9 displays the page without css styles! The web development tools of internet explorer say: Browser mode IE9 and document mode IE9. The console shows a warning: "SEC7113: CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch". Using compatibility modes (IE7 oder IE8), the missing Content-Type is ignored and the page displayed.

Using wireshark I monitored the HTTP traffic for the css file. IE9 requests the file and receives the content, but no MIME type:
    Code:
    HTTP/1.1 200 Ok
    Content-Length: 10191

body
    {
    What can I do to make XPort-Pro generating a Content-Type statement in the HTTP response header for .css files?

Beta fix

This problem was noted and remedied in the 5.2.1.0 Beta some time back. The latest Beta for the XPort-Pro is 5.2.1.0B8. Please ask you Field Application Engineer for it.

Comment

Yesterday, I received V5.2.1.0 B8 and this issue seems to be resolved.
      Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
      X