Access to pow() function (math.h)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to pow() function (math.h)

I think (from a previous thread) it was advisable not to #include standard C libraries as they'd conflict with the Evolution libraries.

I need access to the pow() function found in the math.h library. Does Evolution provide an implementation of this function?

Thanks, Duncan

Even tough this thread is old i'll just post my experiences so others looking for answers get some info:

I've implemented the math.h header file without any problems, and have been able to use the pow() function.
    But later when i tried using the log function i got the error "undefined reference to 'log'.

A search on goolge showed mee i should add -lm or -lmath somewhere for compilation (just haven't figured out where exactly i should place it in the evolution os :/) i'll update when i've found it.

edit
    The resource found was this: http://ipucu.enderunix.org/view.php?id=1610&lang=en
    I've tried adding -lm as a linker flag, since the console gives following msg:
    Linking cgi.out...
    work/cgi.o: In function `DDSCalcPow':
    C:\Program Files\Lantronix\Evolution XPort Pro SDK v5.2.0.0.R20\samples\xport_pro/../cgi.c:187: undefined reference to `log'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    What indicates the linker can't find the ref, but that didn't solve it...
    Last edited by Rob.Stoffels; 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X