System.out.println in a Java Applet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System.out.println in a Java Applet

Hello...I've built an applet that opens a tunnel through the Xport Pro to the serial device, as per the example in your "Creating custom web pages" knowledge base entry (http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/943). This seems to be working well so far.

My question is, where do my println messages go? I've attempted to use syslog to forward syslog messages to a syslog listener I have, but they do not show up there. I've tried both System.out.println and System.err.println with the same result.

Is there an easy answer to this. Actually a difficult one would be helpful too!

I have the Xport Pro with Evolution loaded. Would also love to NOT need to get into the SDK if I can help it.

Thanks! /Jason

If you are running the applet from a shell, then the output will go to the shell you invoked the command from. Otherwise it should go to whomever (whoever?) is calling it. In this case I believe it would be the browser.

You might check into the debug features of your browser. Firefox's has the Firebug plugin, and chrome has built in developer tools.

mattmc

Comment

Working...
    X