Lantronix Developer Forums  

Go Back   Lantronix Developer Forums > PremierWave > Linux SDK > General Questions and Discussion

Old 04-24-2017, 03:18 AM

Default What is the root password for the PremierWave EN?

I am trying to log into a PremierWave EN via the USB Debug port (J1) on the PremierWave Evaluation Board. I have tried login "root" password "root", and login "root" password "PASS". Neither has worked. What password should I be using? And which document contains this information? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Lantronix FAE

You use the same credentials as logging into the web manager. By default the username is admin, and the password is PASS. If you change the password in the web configuration, it will carry over to the console login.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:13 AM

Hi mariano. Thanks for your reply. I can now login using username "admin" and the web configuration password I had previously set. However this logs me into the CLI interface. I am trying to log into Linux, preferably as root. I am using a non-standard hardware interface between the PremierWave Ethernet PHY and a third party SOM Ethernet PHY. I am sometimes having trouble getting the PremierWave to bridge, and would like to run some checks. For example, I am using ethtools to diagnose Ethernet issues on the third party SOM, and would like to do something similar on the PremierWave.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Lantronix FAE

Standard firmware doesn't have shell access enabled, only CLI access. You can use the Timesys LinuxLink Web Factory to build a ROM image. Timesys images do have shell access for the root user (default password root).

More information here:
http://wiki.lantronix.com/developer/...e#Introduction
Old 04-26-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanks mariano. If I build a ROM image, does it include all the functionality that comes with the off the shelf PremierWave EN? Or will I be left if a blank Linux image without Ethernet to Wi-Fi Gateway functionality?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Lantronix FAE

When selecting packages, search for packages that contain "ltrx" in them, and select all of them. In particular, ltrx-rfs-base, ltrx-fwupgrade, and wpa_supplicant-ltrx. Selecting those 3 (and all the dependencies for them) will make sure that you have all the same functionality as the standard firmware (plus you'll also be able to add your own programs to the Linux system).

That way you don't have to start from scratch as a generic Linux image.

Mariano